PET, short for Polyethylene Terephthalate, is a polyester compound similar to clothing fabric. It is heated and molded into plastic bottles to package consumer products, foods, and beverages. You can distinguish a PET bottle by the triangle symbol with a "1" molded inside.
What are the benefits of PET?
- PET is strong, chemically stable, shatter-resistant & economical
- PET is eco-friendly and sustainable
- PET is recognized worldwide for its safety by health authorities. It does not contain:
- PET forms a barrier against temperature, UV light & oxygen
- The PET resin (in the form of pellets) is dried to avoid moisture interfering with the mechanical properties of the product.
- The dried PET is melted in an extruder, mixed and if necessary, colour doser.
- The melted PET is injected into a shape, and it then solidifies to yield a solid preform.
- The preforms are taken from the moulds and after cooling are packed and ready for delivery.